Pendulum dowsing is considered a form of mediumship and can be a great resource for receiving answers to questions from your intuition, higher awareness, and the spirit realm. It's also an activity that helps you to stay in the present moment.
- Hold the chain or string of your pendulum (near the top) in your dominant hand. Allow it to drape over your index finger (as shown in 2nd photo).
- Rest your elbow on your lap as you hold your arm upright so the pendulum has room to swing.
- Ask your pendulum to show you what a "yes" looks like.
- It may start to swing vertically, in an up and down motion. Once it does, ask it to stop and it will come back to the center.
- Now ask it to show you what a "no" looks like. It will most likely begin to swing back and forth in a horizontal motion. Once it does ask it to stop.
- Now that you have recorded what a yes and no look like, you can ask other questions.
- Make sure you have the pendulum stop in between each question.
- Keep your questions simple at first, until you get the hang of it.
- Remember to stay relaxed. The more relaxed you are, the more you will receive.